As a hot pregnant lady entering the warmest months of the year I am IN LOVE with fruit ice creams. They are loaded with healthy nutrients, dietary fiber and void of all the thickening gums and additives found in most dairy-free products. You do need a good high powered blender to whip this up! I encourage you to make exactly what you would like to serve as this ice cream doesn't freeze well and oxidizes easily (it's that fresh!) You can also make this recipe with just mango or banana and it is equally as good!
Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
1 tbl. coconut oil
1/2 c. frozen wild blueberries
1 tsp. coconut sugar
10 oz bag frozen mango chunks
2 small bananas, cut into chunks and frozen
1-1/4 c. unsweetened coconut milk
2 tbl. maple syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
dash sea salt
1-1/2 tbl. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan until melted. Add blueberries and coconut sugar. Stir well to combine.
2. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until blueberries soften.
3. Remove from heat, place in a small bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. If in a hurry, place in your refrigerator.
4. In a high powered blender, combine mango, banana, milk, syrup, extract and salt. Pulse to blend and stir frequently until it reaches a smooth consistency.
5. Ladle the ice cream into 4 serving bowls, top with blueberry sauce and a couple of chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
Article by Keri Marino, an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist and Propmaker. She owns and operates Yoga Unique offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Yoga products. It is her mission to empower others to have improved quality of life through the practice of Yoga!
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!