I go through spells with Frittata's but when it comes to ready to eat breakfasts - it simply steals the show. In one easy to prep meal I can load up on protein, vegetables and healthy sources of fat. That's a win in my book! This is a "kitchen sink" frittata made out of a mix of beautiful local summer vegetables and sustainably raised animal proteins. Delicious and simple to make we served this with a slice of a our favorite gluten-free bread! Hope you enjoy.
Candida Diet, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
1/2 tbl. coconut oil
2 slices bacon, chopped
1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
2 c. summer squash, diced (I used zucchini and yellow squash)
2 sausage patties, cooked and finely diced
1 medium tomato, chopped
8 lg. pasture raised eggs
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease 8x11 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add bacon, onion and garlic cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add summer squash, season with salt and pepper then sauté until squash softens.
5. Mix in cooked sausage and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
6. Spread the veggie mixture over the bottom of the baking dish. Top with chopped tomato.
7. Place eggs in a mixing bowl with a splash of water. Whisk together then season with salt and pepper.
8. Pour eggs over the veggie mixture.
9. Top with fresh parsley and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are fully cooked.
Recipe and photo by: Keri Marino
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist and Propmaker. She owns and operates Yoga Unique offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Yoga products. It is her mission to empower others to have improved quality of life through the practice of Yoga!
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!