A spunky spin on a crowd pleaser: Roasted Brussels Sprouts. These are great for a light side dish, packed with flavor and healthy. We served these with some Grilled Chicken and local hummus with tortilla chips. The Cilantro Garlic Butter makes extra and is a great addition to any vegetable dish!
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free*, Low-Carb, Paleo
3/4 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in halves
1-1/2 tbl. Cilantro Garlic Butter
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 navel orange, peeled and separated into wedges then sliced into small chunks
1 tbl. chopped almonds, toasted
For Cilantro Garlic Butter
1/2 stick unsalted grass-fed butter
1/8 c. cilantro, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 tsp. lime juice
dash sea salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix butter ingredients in a blender and set aside.
3. Heat 1-1/2 tbl. Cilantro Garlic Butter in cast iron skillet over medium heat until melted. Toss brussels sprouts in butter mixture to coat.
4. Place skillet in preheated oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir halfway through to cook evenly.
5. Set brussels sprouts aside. Place whole almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven 2-4 minutes.
6. In a bowl, combine brussels sprouts with orange slices. Top with toasted almonds and serve.
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist and Propmaker. She owns and operates Yoga Unique offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Yoga products. It is her mission to empower others to have improved quality of life through the practice of Yoga!
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!