In the craze of the holidays sometimes our lives, our practice, and our mindful eating habits get derailed. Here are a few ideas to help you stay on track this time of year and always!
1. Before going to holiday parties or a get together have a small salad, vegetable soup or other small light snack.
2. Bring a healthy dish to share, so that you know you have one health promoting option. Ex: Red Pepper Hummus with Vegetable Crudite, Roasted Brussel Sprouts or a snazzy salad!
3. Try to eat only raw or only cooked foods and give your body the ability to digest and assimilate the nutrients in your meal.
4. Get one plate with the things you really want, that way you don't go back for seconds and load up with all the things "you wish you had."
5. Let go of any expectations of loosing weight and hold onto the ideal of maintaining that wonderful healthy body of yours. The body understands and aims to manifest any negative or positive associations you make with it!
6. Slow down! Taste every bite, savor the flavors and chew your food well!
7. Opt for Liquor with a fizzy soda water and wedge of citrus - it's amazing how many calories a few beers, a fruity liquor drink, or big glass of wine can add to your daily intake. Even better skip the alcohol and having a warming cup of peppermint tea or chai!
8. No ice please! Skip the ice to help promote digestion.
9. No matter what you eat feel blessed for the nourishment and send gratitude out for the delicious food and drink.
10. Enjoy the company, the seasons, and remember that as with all things moderation is the key.
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Propmaker, and Yoga Therapist. She owns and operates Yoga Unique LLC offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Yoga products.
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!