We make a frittata nearly every single week because it is an easy, healthy and portable breakfast! The combination of flavors and vegetables you can use is endless. Breakfast is such an important meal for establishing brain and blood sugar balance for the entire day! Avoid eating a carbohydrate rich breakfast (like cereal) which may lead to sugar cravings, fatigue and irritability. Instead enjoy something rich in protein, healthy fat and vegetables. My husband loves to serve his over a piece of Millet Bread for a gluten-free breakfast sandwich. Here is the Frittata I made for this week upcoming week:
Candida Diet, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Nut-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
1 tbl. coconut oil
1 leek, (white and light green parts only) halved and finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 pieces, uncured bacon (nitrite/nitrate free) finely chopped
3 handfuls arugula
10-12 cherry tomatoes, halved
8 eggs, pasture-raised
splash coconut milk
sea salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease 8x11 baking dish with coconut oil.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, garlic and bacon. Saute 2-3 minutes until fragrant and softened. Add arugula and stir occasionally until greens are wilted.
3. Spread the cooked leek mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Place sliced cherry tomatoes on top with flat sides facing up.
4. Whisk eggs, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and coconut milk together until combined.
5. Pour eggs over leek mixture and tomatoes. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes. Or until eggs are cooked thoroughly.
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist. She's owns and operates Yoga Unique offering therapy, classes, workshops and yoga products. Keri teachers both privately and publicly around the Cary area.
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!