This recipe is one of my favorite ways to add pizzaz to a salad and have a quick healthy meal! Grilled Romaine has a bit of smokiness paired with layers of crisp hydrating leafy green goodness. Use it as a base for a salad or mix with other leafy greens, put it on top of tacos or however you feel inspired to enjoy it.
Candida Diet, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, Soy-Free
1 head romaine lettuce, washed thoroughly
Melted Coconut Oil or Grassfed Butter
1. Heat gas grill to medium heat.
2. Trim off around 1-3 inches of loose tips of the lettuce depending upon size.
3. Slice lettuce in half lengthwise.
4. Place lettuce belly side up on a cutting board. Sprinkle with seasoning and drizzle with oil or butter.
5. Lay lettuce belly side down on hot grill. Cook 2 minutes flip and cook 1-2 minutes more.
6. Remove from grill squeeze lemon juice evenly over the top and enjoy!
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist. She owns and operates Yoga Unique offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Mentoring. It is her mission to empower others to have improved quality of life through the practice of Yoga!
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!