While waiting on our baby to make his grand appearance I cooked up an assortment of delicious ready to eat foods to have on hand. This combines some of my favorite super foods and is easy to throw together! For those of you that don't regularly eat breakfast it's worth mentioning that breakfast is a super important meal. This nourishment literally breaks the fast from sleeping and sets the ground work for a days worth of healthy eating, clear thinking and good energy.
1 c. red quinoa, uncooked
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen - no need to thaw)
1/4 c. golden raisins
2 lg. eggs
2-1/4 c. unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. maple syrup
Topping Ideas (optional)
Toasted Pecans, Fresh Blueberries, Hemp Seeds, Yogurt, Fresh Mint
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 8x11 baking sheet with coconut oil.
2. In a medium bowl stir to combine quinoa, coconut flakes and spices. Fold in blueberries and raisins.
3. Place in the bottom of the baking dish.
4. In the same bowl, whisk together the eggs. Stir in coconut milk, coconut oil and maple syrup.
5. Pour liquid over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes.
7. Allow to cool then cover and place in the refrigerator. Can eat cold or heat up with your favorite toppings.
Recipe and photos by Keri Marino.
Keri Marino is an internationally Registered Yoga Teacher, Yoga Therapist and Propmaker. She owns and operates Yoga Unique offering Yoga Therapy, Classes, Workshops and Yoga products. It is her mission to empower others to have improved quality of life through the practice of Yoga!
I'm a Yoga Therapist, Yoga Teacher & Mama Bear who is all in on mindful authentic living. This blog is a collection of my passion for all things yoga, nutrition, health and cooking. Subscribe to the blog for monthly goodies delivered right to your email!